NCBI @ FSU offers an 8-hour workshop that allows participants to tap into how they have been taught to think and act as members of their identity groups and provides skills for bridging our differences.
The workshop consists of a series of incremental activities that helps participants to:
- Celebrate their similarities and differences.
- Recognize the misinformation they have learned about various groups, including their own.
- Learn about and re-evaluate personal attitudes and behaviors that are based on the impact of prejudice and discrimination.
- Claim pride in their various identities.
- Understand the personal impact of discrimination through the telling of stories.
- Learn hands-on tools for dealing effectively with offensive remarks and behaviors.
Sessions for upcoming semesters will be scheduled soon.
Faculty and staff should register through the OMNI system at my.fsu.edu by searching course number "PDNCBI" or the specific training date.
At least 15 seats in each session are reserved for student participants.